Professor Kentaro Iwata is a medical doctor, professor, and infectious disease expert at Kobe University.
We talk about:
- Importance of aggressive measures BEFORE explosion of cases
- COVID-19’s clever tactics compared to previous viral outbreaks
- Positive antibody testing does not necessarily mean immunity
- We must look to Italy in next few weeks and months for most important data on C19 progression
- Massive adverse effects of lockdown, a necessary evil
- Only way to avert calamity in Tokyo is lockdown
- Japan’s death rate, tactics, and masks
- Sweden’s tactics and comparing countries with each other
- The outcome of tactics depends on adherence and cultural differences
- Knowing when your tactics are working or not – 10 day lag time
- The importance of clarity from leaders
- Can we compare the Diamond Princess to wider society?
- We don’t know denominator in wider society yet, or even between countries
- The difficulty in assigning death to C19
- How to decide when to relax lockdown
- Potential for antibody testing
- Can we stop this kind of thing happening again?
- What is the real source of C19?
Kentaro can be found at:
Twitter – https://twitter.com/georgebest1969
Ally can be found at:
Twitter – https://twitter.com/paleocanteen
Twitter – https://twitter.com/paleoally
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/paleocanteen
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/AllyHouston