Our guest on this episode is Dr. Liz Genever, who is an independent sheep and beef consultant. She talks about:
- The place for cows and sheep on the UK’s 65% of land that only has grass on it.
- Making animal agriculture more efficient to reduce emissions and cost per kilo of food.
- Increasing welfare both because farmers like to care for their animals, and to improve animal health for meat quality.
- How farmers are improving their communication with the media to explain how much of what you hear about UK animal agriculture is wrong.
- Being proud of UK agricultural output which is high welfare and high quality.
- Videos of mistreatment of animals.
- FaceTime a farmer.
- How we should have an honest discussion about best use of our land.
- The nutrient cycle and depletion in soil.
- Plus we get Liz’s dog’s hot take on things.
Remember to subscribe to the show and leave a five star review. And don’t forget to visit our sponsor at www.paleocanteen.co.uk where you can get top quality Scottish meat and restaurant quality meals delivered chilled to your door round the UK! Use code CANTEEN15 to get 15% off your first order.
Liz can be found at:
Twitter – twitter.com/LizGenever
Ally can be found at:
Twitter – twitter.com/paleocanteen
YouTube – youtube.com/c/AllyHouston